Wednesday, October 13

Spider Pumpkin Craft


This is the little guy my poor husband woke up to, a week ago Saturday.

Poor husband!! Here's how to make it!



Step 1: Paint a small pumpkin black. Acrylic paint works great. I used black nail polish since that's what I had and it was spur of the moment.

Give it a second coat if it needs it. Mine did.

Step 2: Grab something red and glue it  on for eyes. I used a red pipe cleaner, since that's all I had, but if you have dots of some kind that would be ideal. You could even cut red (or white) dots out of paper. If you use a pipe cleaner like I did, cut off an end and glue it on as eyes.

Step 3: Go outside while wearing orange halloween boxer shorts with owls on them, a pink valentines day t-shirt, and overs sized pink slippers, along with a crooked ponytail from the night before, and snap off at least 8 twigs that are about the same size. Wave to the neighbors as you go back inside, and remind yourself that they've seen you in worse conditions. Shiver at that thought, and pretend it never happened. Now, if the twigs aren't the same size, that's ok. Either cut them down to just about the same, or be crafty and leave them be! Now you can just break them in half, or about 1/3 of the way down.
When I say "break" the legs, I just mean to break them enough where they don't snap in half. (and if they do, because one of mine did, you can be lazy and tape them back together...like the poor little leg in the back right). Now just tape them onto the spider pumpkin guy, and that's it! You're done! You may pass out from the paint fumes, but at least you'll have made a cute little spider pumpkin!

Lots of fun to make! Let me know if you have questions.
..

Questions like, "Who in their right mind would want to get up early on a Saturday morning to make a spider pumpkin with stick legs?" To which I would answer, "I never claimed to be in my right mind."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment