Saturday, January 16

The Scariest Night of My Life.....Almost

The evening started out in typical fashion. My husband was sitting on the couch, or checking eBay, or vaccuming, or organizing or something, and I cooked dinner as usual. We had a late dinner, which is also very typical in our household, and I got everything ready for the next morning. The next morning was my first day of classes for the 2010 semester, and I always like to prepare ahead of time. Clothes were out, I was all showered, my alarm was set, and I was in bed earlier than usual. Well, I planned on it. I think our heads finally hit the pillow at around 12, but it's the thought that counts, right?!

Ahhh....finally asleep. And then it happened. I woke up to screaming. Not just screaming. Screaming bloody murder!! We were both screaming at the top of our lungs because of what was next to our bed - A DUDE! Yeah, that's right - @ 12:50am, we woke up to a man standing next to our bed. it was dark but we could see him. Clearly, this was a situation for alarm. A dude was standing within a foot from my husband's side of the bed, just staring at us. Obviously he broke in. We have an alarm, but he got around it somehow.

We couldn't make out his face, but we saw enough of his silhouette to know he was there, and we BOTH saw him! So there were were at almost 1am, staring at this man in our bedroom and screaming on the top of our lungs, "GET OUR OF HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Both of us just stood there screaming and yelling. I've never heard my husband's voice sound that scary. I think he had a mix of emotions going on. After about 10 seconds of pure screaming bloody murder, I reached to turn the light on. By then the dude was gone. We knew he ran into the other room so my husband went chasing after him. I grabbed the phone to call the police, but my husband came back before I got to it, and looked confused. He haulted me and asked what just happened. I felt his confusion. Something didn't seem right.....

We both screamed. We both SAW this guy standing next to our bed in the same place at the same time. As we reflected for a minute, we realized no windows were broken, no doors had been opened or unlocked, the alarm was still on, and no one was in our house...but us. So after a moment of confusion, and retracing what the heck just happened, we started questioning if it wasn't some kind of ghost or something, since we BOTH saw it!! Yeah, don't laugh! So we got up. We prayed. We read through the bible. We rebuked. We talked. We listened to the radio. We repeated all of that until almost 5am, when we finally turned the light back off. At 6:30 my alarm went off and I went to class. LET ME TELL YOU HOW MUCH FUN THAT WAS!!

But here's the deal...the next night (after almost swearing off sleep forever), we realized we are both ABOLUTELY nuts!!! I mean it! Absolute nut cases. We are screwed up in the head. We are recently escaped mental patients from the haunted house on the movie Psycho. Most of all, we are gullible. You see, the next night we turned all the lights off to see if we could figure out why we thought someone was in our bedroom the night before. As our eyes adjusted to the light, we realized the dresser and toys on top (yes, we really do have toys on top of our dresser) looked like a man standing in our bedroom.

So apparently ONE of us (It was really me, but I blame him ...) thought it was a man standing there, and the other reacted and added to the chaos. This resulted in 2 sleep deprived people screaming "GET OUT OF HERE" at their dresser at 1am. Two sleep deprived people who were much more sleep deprived the next morning, once of which didn't make time to have coffee and was a raving lunatic until she caught up on her sleep. I won't say which one of us it was though..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment