Friday, January 15

Helping Haiti

With all the devastation going on in Haiti right now, I thought it might be a good idea to post some links to places you can go to help victims. As an American with a full time job, plenty of food and water, two extra bedrooms, and more clothes than I know what to do with, I feel the need to help the people who have less than nothing right now, and yet I struggle with how to go about this.

I'm actually stumped, which is a very difficult place to be. Most of the people in Haiti were already terribly poor, terribly starving, terribly lacking in everything, and yet here I am with more than enough of everything at my grasp to help them, and I feel helpless. It's very strange to see how much I have, to know how little they have, and to not be able to somehow distribute some of this excess to them. I wish I could somehow balance things out. Part of me wishes I could just hop on a plane and be part of the rescue efforts, but because that's not very realistic, all I know to do right now is provide a link on my blog of places you can help these people.

If you cannot help financially, there are other ways you can help! Please check out the links, as I encourage you to find something you can do to take part in helping in this situation. If nothing else, please pray for them. I really believe they will be able to feel our prayers and have a sense of peace that can only come from God.

Here are some places I personally know enough about to feel comfortable suggesting. I'll be posting more as I find them, so please check back.

Text Haiti’ to 90999

0 Comments:

Post a Comment